Atanarjuat - The Fast Runner

Deel hier je ervaringen van je boek of film die je bij is blijven staan. Nieuwe boeken, oude films. Aanraders en reviews.
Plaats reactie
eraaij

Atanarjuat - The Fast Runner

Bericht door eraaij »

http://www.atanarjuat.com/

Prachtige film met veel authentieke/primitieve technieken. De tekst zegt het zelf beter dan ik het kan verwoorden:

"Igloolik, "place of houses," in the eastern arctic wilderness at the dawn of the first millenium.

Evil in the form of a mysterious, unknown shaman enters a small community of nomadic Inuit and upsets its balance and spirit of cooperation. The stranger leaves behind a lingering curse of bitterness and discord: after the camp leader Kumaglak is murdered, the new leader Sauri drives his old rival Tulimaq down through mistreatment and ridicule.

Years pass.

Power begins to change when the resentful Tulimaq has two sons - Amaqjuaq, the Strong One, and Atanarjuat, the Fast Runner. As the camp's best hunters they provoke jealousy and rage in their rival, Oki, the leader's ill-tempered son.

When Atanarjuat wins away Oki's promised wife-to-be, the beautiful Atuat, in a head punching competition, Oki vows to get even.

Egged on by his intimidating father, Oki and his friends plot to murder both brothers while they sleep. Amaqjuaq is speared through their tent and killed, but Atanarjuat miraculously escapes, running naked for his life across the spring sea ice

Eluding his pursuers with supernatural help, Atanarjuat is hidden and nursed back to health by an old couple who themselves fled the evil camp years before.

After an inner struggle to reclaim his spiritual path, and with the guidance of his elder advisor, Atanarjuat learns to face both natural and supernatural enemies, and heads home to rescue his family. Will he continue the bloody cycle of revenge, or restore harmony to the community?

Atanarjuat - The Fast Runner is based on an ancient Inuit legend which takes place in the area around Igloolik.
"

Aanrader!
-Emile

Jan

Re:Atanarjuat - The Fast Runner

Bericht door Jan »

klinkt interessant en veelbelovend!

Is heir een dvd van?

Groeten,

Jan

David

Bericht door David »

Helemaal gelijk. Mooie film. Ook aardig verhaal. Alweer een tijd geleden dat ik de film voor het laatst zag. Tijd om het weer eens uit de kast te halen. Is inderdaad een DVD van, maar niet in de mainstream zaken te krijgen.

Groet,
David

I only went out for a walk, and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in. (John Muir)
OVERLEVEN
Contacteer:

Bericht door OVERLEVEN »

Zie dat ze staan op www.amazon.com voor $25

Dennis van Dokkum
Survival school O.V.E.R.L.E.V.E.N.
www.survivalschool.nl
+31-(0)6-23251535
David

Bericht door David »

Pas op met DVD's uit Amerika. Kijk of ze wel geschikt zijn voor onze regio (Europa). Nu zullen de meeste DVD spelers inmiddels wel alle rgios aankunnen maar ja stel dat nou net die van jouw...  :'(

Ik heb de film liggen, een aantal jaren geleden opgenomen  ........... (rest via PB)  ;D

Groet,
David

I only went out for a walk, and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in. (John Muir)
OVERLEVEN
Contacteer:

Bericht door OVERLEVEN »

Heb je helemaal gelijk in... Al een keer eerder gehad kon toen alleen mijn films bekijken via de pc.

Dennis van Dokkum
Survival school O.V.E.R.L.E.V.E.N.
www.survivalschool.nl
+31-(0)6-23251535
Jan

Bericht door Jan »

check your inbox, mate... ;D

groeten,

Jan

David

Bericht door David »

[quote="Jan"]
check your inbox, mate... ;D
[/quote]

Er "brand" weer van alles hier  ;-)

Groet,
David

Plaats reactie